sabato 2 giugno 2012

I (don't) feel myself Italian

Today is a very important day in Italy because we celebrate the foundation of the Republic after the facts of WWII.
Well, during these days there isn't so much to celebrate.
The main reason are the earthquakes that shook the Emilia Romagna region, where almost 30 people died and many others are homeless. The sad part is that even this time the government decided to increase taxes to afford the expenses for the reconstruction.
I'm not an economist, but I'm know for sure the during the past decades government very often adopted this solution without many sucess.
My hope for this celebration is that finally things will return to work properly, but I'm not so optmistic for the future. Alas.
I've decided to publish a video from a performance of Giorgio Gaber. He was a very important performer who managed to amalgamate theatre, music and satire in his own unique way. Just like him I don't feel myself very Italian, but I'm still attached to my homecountry.
Enjoy it,

L

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oggi è un giorno molto importantein Italia perché si celebra la fondazione della Repubblica dopo i fatti della seconda guerra mondiale.

Ebbene, in questi giorni non c'è molto da festeggiare.

Il motivo principale sono i terremoti che hanno scosso l'Emilia Romagna, dove circa 30 persone sono morte e molte altre sono senza tetto. La cosa triste è che anche questa volta il governo ha deciso di aumentare le tasse per permettersi le spese per la ricostruzione. Io non sono un economista, ma sto so per certo il durante il governo ultimi decenni, molto spesso ha adottato questa soluzione senza molto successo.

La mia speranza per questa celebrazione è che finalmente le cose torneranno a funzionare correttamente in Italia, ma io non sono così ottimista per il futuro. Ahimè.

Ho deciso di pubblicare un video di Giorgio Gaber. Era un artista molto importante che riuscì a fondere teatro, musica e satira a suo modo unico. Proprio come lui non mi sento molto italiano, ma sono ancora legato al mio paese natale.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento