lunedì 6 agosto 2012

A midsummer long weekend

The tradition of long weekend is something pretty new for me, being an Italian and a new immigrant.
Back in Italy we don't have this kind of statuatory holiday, so every time my coworkers or room mates tell me about an upcoming long weeking I'm usually the last one to know about that.
Last week was pretty gloomy and rainy, so I took advantage of the sunny - and a bit too warm - weekend for an hike along with friends on Saturday at the Rawson Lake. A place of an extraordinary beauty.
I shot a bit of photos. There're some of them. Oh, I apologize for my not so intelligent look in the photo. Lol




On Sunday, instead, I managed to watch "A midsummer night's dream" performed by the folks of  Shakespeare in the Park 
They are a bunch of very talented actors (and crew) that can give you surely 2 hours of good play. They deserve a little donation.






That's all folks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
La tradizione dei weekend lunghi è qualcosa di nuovo per me, essendo italiano e nuovo nel paese.
In Italia non abbiamo questo tipo di feste civili, perciò ogni volta che i colleghi o i coinquilini mi parlano di un prossimo weekend lungo, sono l'ultimo a saperlo.
La scorsa settimana è stata abbastanza nuvolosa e piovosa, quindi ho approfittato del weekend soleggiato - e un po' troppo caldo - per andare a fare un'escursione con amici sabato scorso al Lago Rawson. Un posto di straordinario bellezza.
Ho scattato delle foto e ne ho pubblicata qualcuna. Chiedo scusa in anticipo per la mia espressione non proprio intelligente nella foto.
Domenica, invece, sono riuscito a partecipare a "Sogno di una notte di mezza estate" eseguito dai membri di Shakespeare in the Park 
Sono degli attori (e cast, in generale) talentuosi che intrattengono con piacere per 2 ore. Meritano una piccola donazione.
Questo è quanto.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento