martedì 22 maggio 2012

A month after

Yesterday it was Victoria Day, my first one here in Canada, and I realized it was an important day for me. In fact,  I've spent my first International Experience month here. So far, so good, I could say that.
Well, I've to admit that the past weekend wasn't an easy one. Saturady night I was in the right mood to hang out with some guys when I read the news about the earthquake in Emilia, a central Italian Region. My little sister lives not so far - if you compare it with the North American distances - from there and I spent most of the night awake craving for her news.
I wish I was a better student in my geography class, because there are some mountains between where my sister lives and the epicentre. By the way I suppose that in certain circumstances the rational mind stops to work properly and I would be worried for her even if I was a Ph.D in Geography.
I can not mention that during this earthquake some people, 7 if I'm right, died for a crumble of a plat or other related to earthquake reasons. What a pity.
I do really hope that all this earthquake story will vanish into thin air.
Fortunately on Sunday the anxiety disappeared and I went out for a drive (or promenade en voiture if you prefer) along with my room mate to the Rockies and Kananaskis. I won't annoy you with petty descriptions. There's just a word for decribe them: "Majestic!"



Well, actually the last pic does't depict the Rockies but myself before to die for fear during my first helicopter ride. I'm still here, so maybe it means I have to annoy you more with this blog. :)
Take care,

L

And now, ladies and gentlemen, an important announcement.
In accordance with Canadian traditions, even this blog becomes bilingual. No, I'm sorry (E.), I'm not going to translate in French. Maybe someone among you knows that Italians have some issues with France.
So, this blog second language will be the Italian. In this way, people that can not understand English such as me and my mother can follow this blog too.


Ieri era il Victoria Day, il mio primo qui in Canada, e mi sono reso conto che fosse una giornata importante per me. In effetti, ho appena trascorso il mio primo mese qui. Fin qui, tutto bene.

Beh, devo ammettere che il week-end passato non sia stato facile. Sabato notte ero dell'umore giusto per uscire con alcuni ragazzi quando ho letto la notizia del terremoto in Emilia. Mia sorella non vive così lontano - se lo si confronta con le distanze del Nord America - da lì e ho trascorso la maggior parte della notte sveglio in attesa di sue notizie.

Avrei voluto essere uno studente migliore in geografia, perché ci sono alcune tra le montagne dove vive mia sorella e l'epicentro.Credo però che in certe circostanze la mente razionale smetta di funzionare correttamente e mi sarei preoccupato per lei anche se fossi stato un Dottore in Geografia.

Non posso evitare di dire che durante questo terremoto alcune persone, 7 se ho ragione, siano morte per un crollo per un terremoto e per altre cause collegate.

Io mi auguro davvero che tutta questa storia del terremoto passi presto.

Fortunatamente domenica l'ansia è scomparsa e sono uscito a fare un giro (o promenade en voiture, se si preferisce) con il mio compagno di stanza per le Montagne Rocciose e Kananaskis. Non ti infastidire con delle inutili descrizioni. C'è solo una parola per abbagliati loro: "Maestose!" (Le foto sono sopra.)



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento